Should you purchase your tv online or at a local store?Posted on 3:19pm on Tuesday 5th May 2015 by Walts
The safe answer is at a local store. But, there are many factors that you should consider.
Pros of purchasing your TV online:
- Price (sometimes)
- Available Stock
- Product Reviews
- Simple Returns (small items)
Pros of purchasing your TV at a local store:
- You can see the product before you purchase.
- Inexpensive Setup and Installation Options (The dealer is making money on the products too, so they do not have to charge as much ).
- It helps your local economy.
- TV repair service from dealer after return period is over.
- No damage issues to speak of.
Cons of purchasing your TV online:
- Dammage Dammage Dammage. Large Items mostly.
- Price is sometimes effectively fixed from authorized dealers (Of course you can always call them).
- You can not see, touch or hear what you are buying without a "show rooming trip"
- Shipping Time of large items.
- Shipping larger more complex products can be an issue (UPS, FedEx less so) But LTL (for large Tv's Appliances and furniture).
- Returns are a real hassle for non UPS and Fedex.
- Installation options are limited at best and are more expensive.
Cons of purchasing your TV at a local store:
- Price with tax can be higher.
- You have to drive instead of click.
- Bad salespeople.
- Selection and available stock can be limited.
In the end it is a personal decision and yours to make.