How to replace a tv lampPosted on 12:00am on Tuesday 5th May 2015 by Walts
- Clean Glove or Towel
Used to handle new housing assembly without touching the lamp glass. Oil from your skin shortens the life of the lamp by increasing the temperature of the glass.
To open access panel, and secure housing assembly.
1. UNPLUG THE TV UNIT FROM ELECTRICAL OUTLET.
2. REMOVE PANEL ON UNIT TO ACCESS LAMP HOUSING ASSEMBLY. USUALLY LOCATED ON THE BACK OR SIDE OF YOUR TV.
3. UNSCREW HOUSING ASSEMBLY AND REMOVE FROM UNIT. MOST SONY TVS DO NOT HAVE SCREWS SECURING LAMP. THEY HAVE A LEVER ON THE LAMP HOUSING.
4. PUT NEW HOUSING ASSEMBLY IN PLACE AND SECURE WITH SCREW.
5. YOU MUST SECURE ANY OUTER PANELS FOR LAMP TO OPERATE.
6. PLUG YOUR TV BACK IN AND POWER ON.